Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Garden

Each year, right about this time (I checked), I blog about wanting to buy flowers for my yard. This year, I have tried and tried to drive past the greenhouses and just look, just peek in and not stop. My yard is about to be torn up to within an inch of its life and the last thing I should be doing is buying more plants to make refugees to the "Becca Bayou" as my friends call it (the swamp behind my house).

The past two days have seen weakness. I bought: two basil plants, one tomoato plant, one hanging purple plant, and a huge, sprawling purple plant. This is added to the three petunias that my folks bought me (purple. See a theme?) and a mini azalea that I couldn't resist last week. They are all sitting outside my door, in the driveway. Yes, I need psychiatric help. Oh well.

Movie of the Day: Je Crois Que Je L'Aime. I saw the poster for this movie in Paris and my friends wouldn't go see it. (Just because half of us wouldn't understand a word of it...). Any way, I bought it online and can't wait to watch it (with subtitles, of course).

No comments: