Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Lights, A-Flamin'

Oh, interesting story from Christmas Day: My mom and I both have these tea-light tower things that I found one year. She only uses hers at Christmas and mine sits out in my office, but I never light it. Any way, I'm sure you can guess where this is going... I go to switch out the tea lights around lunch time on Christmas and one of them is really, really flaming and the fire is sort of rolling around the tin. I try blowing it out a couple times and it doesn't work. On the last try, it flies OUT of the tower and behind my mom's sewing machine! I'm screaming "OH MY GOD" and trying to move the machine and make sure the flame is out. The wall is doused in wax and the linoleum is singed. Ufff. Most of it came off/out and the machine covers the burns, but I was freaked. Yep, I will be getting rid of my tower now. If it had been in my office, the carpet would have caught fire?

Yesterday, I left my house a couple times to check my mailbox. Does stepping on the porch count as "leaving the house"? Maybe not. Any way, the rest of the day, I finished a blanket (green with white trim) and watched two movies: Thumbsucker (good) and Birth (decent).

We'll see what kind of mischief I get into today....

No comments: