Friday, July 20, 2007

Getting Home

Do you have a routine when you arrive home?

Whenever I get home after dark, I like to look up to see if there are any visible stars out. Typically, this involves me walking and leaning way back, therefore nearly falling over and then worrying that my neighbors will think I'm drunk. (I don't drink.)

Any way, tonight, the stars are amazing!!!! I vowed to head out to my hammock after dumping my to-go box and checking my email (it's an addiction).

Since it's a chilly night, I grabbed a sweatshirt and headed to the hammock on my deck. The same hammock that my friend Susie wants to rent every so often. I tell her she can use it for free whenever she likes. Everyone should have a hammock.

Every time I look at the stars, and especially tonight, I'm always reminded of just how huge the universe is and how tiny I am within it. So many things seem so important until I sit outside and look up at the stars. In the grand scheme of things, only a few things really matter: faith, family, friends.

That's it.

Movie of the Day: Stargate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

So true dear friend...