Monday, November 26, 2007

A Little Math

So, today I turn 33 3/3, more commonly known as 34. I'm not so thrilled about 34, but my mom convinced me it's better than 35 (which is more significant in the "Oh no, I'm aging" category, I guess). I think I'm going to try to pull off 33 3/3 on my students today and see how many of them are still groggy from turkey.

Anyone have any funny stories from the weekend that they're willing to share?

Movie of the Day: 300 / 10 + 4 (Never saw 300, but Gerard Butler is in it, so how bad could it be?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Becca! I hope you had a great day.

A math story for you: I was at "Chuck E Cheese" like restaurant and I wanted to buy $9 worth of tokens. You get 4 tokens for $1. The girl behind the counter could not figure it out! Her coworker had to use a calculator!! I was appalled. She must not have had you as a math teacher!!

LaRae

Unknown said...

Happy B=day, Becca!

Here's another math story: I was at a local retailer. The total ended with .96 so I gave the clerk $1.01 so I would get a nickel rather than four pennies. She was so confused! I had to explain to her why I was doing what I was doing and that yes, the change was truly five cents.

Joymes said...

Happy birthday!