Friday, April 25, 2008

Nerd Fest

This weekend is the Minnesota State High School Math Teachers' Conference and I'm goin'! I've decided to dub it "Nerd Fest." There will be math games, math books, math jewelry, and math clothing for sale. There will be people calculating things, discussing things way over other people's heads, and pretty much a bunch of teachers walking around thinking "Whew, this is a nice little break from the daily routine." There will be first grade teachers, special ed teachers, middle school teachers, high school teachers, college professors, college students who want to be math teachers, state math administrators and book vendors attending.

Try not to be envious. We can't all be math nerds.

(tee hee).

Movie of the Day: Juno. Jocks like nerds. You should too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I just watched Juno this afternoon. Well, actually I watched the first half when Ambrose woke up at 4:30 a.m. and the second half during naptime while I ironed shirts...pretty domestic huh?

I can definitely see the attraction to a nerdy cross-country runner!

Kim

Anonymous said...

P.S. Have fun at the conference!