Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mix Tape

Remember mix tapes? For the young ones out there, it's like a mix cd only on a tape cassette. Instead of drag-clicking a playlist and burning the cd, you sit and switch either tapes or cds for each song and then wait while it plays and records. You have to plan the songs so you don't run out of time on one side before the song finishes. It's a serious labor of love.

I ran across a mix tape that my friend K made for me in December of 1991. I know she reads this blog, so I'd like to thank her and find out if she remembers it. For everyone else, count up how many of the following songs you know and feel free to drop a comment....

"Tape for Becca Dec. - 1991 'A Collective Accumulation of Classics' - Love K..

Side A

Tocata and Fuge in Dm- J.S. Bach
Up the Ladder to the Roof- The Nylons
The Obvious Child- Paul Simon
Under the Sea-The Little Mermaid (Sebastian)
Donna- Ritchie Valens
From a Distance- Bette Midler
Feelin' Groovy- Simon & Garfunkel
The Sound of Silence- S & G
Juke Box Hero- Foreigner
Ballads + Blues- George Winston
Loud/Soft- Bert (Sesame Street)

Side B

"W" Lovers- Bert again
Mack the Knife- Louis Armstrong
Penniwhistle Jig- Jamse Galway
Otto Titsling- Bette Midler
Hotel California- Eagles
Piano Man- Billy Joel
Duelin' Banjos- James Galway
Bert's Girlfriend- Bert (SS)
Bop `Til You Drop- The Nylons
Sabre Dance- James Galway
The Friendship Theme (From Beaches)

Nice mix, eh?

Movie of the Day: Made of Honor. Fluffy, but okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh Becca! I made tons of mix tapes back in the day. I still have a bag full of ones that were made for me by various people. Ah the memories...
~Laura

Anonymous said...

Ha! I completely forgot about making this but judging from the song list I can't imagine it came from any other "K-" What a mix! Not sure that I'd agree that they are all classics but there certainly are come good ones there.

Thanks for sharing this back with me!!

Hope all is well

-K