Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Intense

So, I'm obsessed with World War II movies right now. Not the fighting so much, though. Maybe it's the D-Day celebration or my planned trip to Normandy that has me so focused, I don't know.

I've seen two intense movies in the last 5 days:

1) The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. The family of a Nazi commandant moves near a concentration camp and their son befriends a boy on the other side of the electrified wire fence.

2) Defiance. Four Jewish brothers hide in the woods in Belorussia and eventually a community of refugees comes together. This movie has much more overt violence than the one above.

Both movies were excellent and I would recommend them to most adults and the first one to teens. Neither are for kids. They're the kinds of movies that stick with you for days after watching them.

1 comment:

nathanhellman said...

If you haven't seen the "Band of Brothers" series (I'm sure you can get them on DVD, or rent them from wherever) it's worth seeing. Good, intelligent WWII movie (with a lot of fighting action in France).