Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Our local Sunday paper had an article on the New Year's Resolutions of some of our local government officials, business leaders, or whomever they decided was important around here. I scanned the article, reading the ones of my friends or people I've heard of in the past.

BORING!!!!!!!!!! Sure, one person wants to run a 5K every month and one was about locally grown food. The rest was bland. Cliche. Lose 10 pounds. Yep, heard that one before.

I don't even think I want to hear "Enjoy more sunsets" (puke) or "Spend more time with the kids." That's a "given" in my book. I want to hear things like "Floss enough so I don't get yelled at by my dentist or bleed all over the hygienist" or "Quit stealing my neighbor's good magazines." Put a little thought into it.

You might be asking yourself, "Self, what did Becca resolve to do?" My answer is kind of lame, but I thought of it before reading the paper. My resolution is to make more interesting lunches for work. I always pack my lunch and many days it's the same D@%^ thing. So, I'm going to try to be more interesting.

No, it's not on the level of "I will quit making out with my best friend's uncle's cousin's son," but it's better than stating the obvious that you will lose the same 10 pounds you resolved to lose last year.

Movie of the Day: Tequila Sunrise

1 comment:

Catharine Larsen, MA, LP said...

A darn good resolution, if I do say so myself.