Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blinders

It's very close to the end of school. Seniors are done tomorrow. Other kids are done in one week. I'm done a week from tomorrow. We're in survival mode. Get this done. Make it out with grades intact. Complete the last To Do list.

Unfortunately, this means ignoring other things in my life. Like my dishes. I just don't seem to care about them. I mean, I notice "Whoa. They're piling up." but I don't stop to do them very often. I come home from work and stare at the wall. I go to bed at 9. I eat junk food. It's a vicious cycle that I only hope will stop next week.

Take today, for instance. I woke up at 5 (alarm went off at 4:45). Got ready to walk on my treadmill, but decided to check my e-mail first. Fatal move. By the time I finished with email, it was 5:16 and too late to get in 30 minutes of walking AND make my lunch, etc. So, I opt out of walking. Bad decision, I know, but I seem to be making wimpy decisions like that all over the place. It's a vicious cycle that I only hope will stop next week.

Movie of the Day: Nanny McFee. They had issues too.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments: