Friday, February 15, 2008

Very Classy

I tried to have a classy Valentine's dinner last night. With my parents and my sister. Yes, I know that sounds very Valentine-y/romantic, but if you really think about it, if Valentine's is about love, then who better to share it with than family? Any way, we tried to go to Scenic Cafe, a lovely establishment with interesting/funky food for a 4:45 reservation.

Well, it turns out Valentine's Day is a day for VERY interesting and VERY funky food. Also, steep prices. As we looked at the special menu for the day, everyone kind of cringed. I'm sure the food was lovely, but just not our style. My mom didn't want quail, duck, or whatever else. I had a hard time finding something vegetarian that sounded like food.

So, before the waters arrived, we decided to bail, and head up the road to Two Harbors. Yes, we ended up at Culvers. I know. I know. Classy, eh? Well, the whole thing came to 1.5 meals at Scenic and we still spent time together (and had dessert too)!

Movie of the Day: Scenes from a Mall.

No comments: