Saturday, February 02, 2008

That's Just Scary

Okay, I've been in a church group for over two years now and each week we talk about Spiritual Promptings that we've had. Ideas or nudges from God. This is my favorite part of our list of things to focus on and this week, I had a doosy.

Duluth had two days off of school due to weather and by the evening of the second day, I was pretty bored with my own company. So, I decided to light a candle, turn off all of the lights in my house and pray/meditate.

While praying, I had the idea of gathering my coworkers to go out after work to socialize. We like to go to a restaurant a little distance from school so that we don't run into too many parents/kids/alums. It's easier to talk freely.

It was Wednesday and I thought I could maybe pull things together for Friday, but once I got back to school, it slipped my mind until Friday. I figured maybe NEXT Friday would be good.

Any way, my 4th hour routine is to check my mailbox and buy a bottle of pop (I know, it's bad.) I went to the machine and our phy. ed. teacher walked out of the gym and said, "Becca, were you thinking of getting people together to go to Blackwoods some time after school?"

Freaky!!!! "Yes, that is so weird. I thought of doing that for today. How about next Friday?"

I'm still a little freaked out just thinking about it now. I did not tell a SOUL about my idea. Not one person! However, when I got back to my room, I sent out a quick email to a couple friends to see if that seemed like a good idea and they all said "Yes." Crazy!!!!

Guess where I'll be after school on Friday?

Movie of the Day: Whale Rider. If you haven't seen this, go. Rent. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Well, I got people to go out. 7 of us plus a friend from a neighboring school. Not bad.