Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Movie Soundtracks

I have a thing for movie soundtracks. I love how eclectic they are, how I can discover new artists, and relive a movie's plot. Some soundtracks are better than the movies themselves, which is funny. Here are a few of my favorite soundtracks:

Garden State: Zach Braff has amazing taste in music and he picked every song on this album. It's mellow and great when you want to chill.

Never Been Kissed: This is a spunky album that always takes me back to each scene of the movie. The ballpark scene is spectacular.

Little Women: A great Christmas album or just something sweet and mellow. Safe for all ages.

Walk the Line: The only Johnny Cash that I have and he isn't even doing the singing. Lots of good rhythms. Go Joaquin and Reese!

Love Actually: Another good Christmas album, silly, mushy.

You've Got Mail: Cheery. Great "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Ten Things I Hate About You: Rebellious music. Gotta love it.

Next Stop Wonderland: Lots of amazing Brazilian music.

Empire Records: A movie about people you just want to be friends with. Sort of. Punk music.

Strictly Ballroom: Ballroom dancing music. Super fun.

Music And Lyrics: Great faux 80's music, mushy. Just plain good.

Singin' In the Rain: "Make `Em Laugh" does me in every time!!!

Catch & Release: Mushy goodness. Love and loss.

Juno: Indy fun, awesome lyrics. Not for your grandma.

Honorable mention:
Mary Poppins
Mansfield Park
Ever After
City of Angels
Reality Bites
Fiddler on the Roof
Spamalot
Chicago

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe not YOUR Grandma, but this grandma loved the "Juno" soundtrack.

Becca said...

Okay, okay. Catharine, I don't think of you as a grandma-type. You're too hip. My grandmas would have been upset listening to that music. Now, Polka!!!

Anonymous said...

Great list! I just made a copy to take to the library.
Kim