Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bugs, Tar, and a Pale World

One of my friends has been talking about red food lately. Not a lot of food is bright red, at least not naturally. So, to make it so, people add dyes. The problem is you either go synthetic or natural. Synthetic is stuff like Red 40 and Red 3, which I guess involves tar. Natural really means bug parts.

I'm a vegetarian. Does that include bugs? I thought so, but it might be harder than I thought to avoid tar AND bugs.

I thought the best solution was to Boycott RED! But on further inspection, that is going to take a lot of work. It's in ice cream, popsicles, lipstick (I'll have to investigate further), and other random things that I hadn't thought of before devising a boycott. Oy.

Bugs or tar? Bugs or tar? I'm leaning towards bugs, I guess.

You?

Movie of the Day: Penelope. Sooooo cute. Lots of vibrant colors. Even red.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tar?? Seriously?? I am totally boycotting unnatural red dyes. Blah...

Thanks for the information. One more thing that I can add to the things I won't eat/buy list of craziness.