Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vampires

I try to stay up on what the kids are watching, reading, and listening to these days. I don't watch horror movies and only like music whose lyrics are decipherable, but I try to know the names of things, what slang means, and read the books that seem interesting.

This year, I noticed that a wide variety of kids were reading Twilight. It's the first book of a f0ur-book series by Stephenie Meyer. It's about a teenage girl who moves to Washington and meets an interesting boy at school. He happens to be a vampire and she happens to smell delectable to him. Hmmmm.... It's a four-book series, so I'm guessing she doesn't bite it any time soon. (He doesn't bite her any time soon??? Tee hee.)

If you like vampires and chaste reading, check it out.

Movie of the Day: Wall-E. No vamires, just robots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so current, Becca! My college-aged daughter read the series this summer (either the 4th book is coming out in August or there is a movie being made....I forget which). She loved them.