Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer

I've been thinking about my favorite Summertime activities. There are a lot of things I still need to do to feel like I've experienced "Summer."

Star-gazing
Eating lots of watermelon
A picnic on the shore
Gooseberry Falls
Walking the Boardwalk (I haven't done this yet this summer. What is wrong with me?)
Visiting Portland Malt Shoppe
Playing with sidewalk chalk and bubbles


There are other things that I'd like to try this Summer or try again this Summer.

Rock climbing (indoor for starters)
Kayaking
Biking (It's been so long, but I hear it's "like riding a bike")

I'm forgetting stuff. Help me out? What am I missing?

Movie of the Day: Touch the Sound. A woman goes deaf as a kid, but can still feel the vibrations of different percussion instruments and be able to tell the difference between the notes. The music is beautiful and haunting. It's maybe not something you would play at a dinner party, but definitely wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Berry picking at Lakewood Farms.

Anonymous said...

What?? I can't believe you have not been to the lakewalk yet this summer. Please, go for me! I wish I could be there with you.
Or, maybe you could ride your bike on the lakewalk...
Kim