Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Okay, Okay. I Won't Travel.

You may recall that I was whining about not getting out of town much this summer. It's true. After blogging, I thought of one trip to the Cities in June and then did make a day trip to Little Fork, MN.

Then, planning as all good planners do, I plotted out a nice little two-day trip to Mankato and the surrounding region starting tomorrow. Nothing too wild, but at least a little bit of a trip.

All of that is tossed out the window. Why? Why would Becca cancel her chance to see new horizons? Pneumonia! Yes, that's right. I have pneumonia. Crazy, huh? My highest fever went up to 104.6, but has broken now. Whew. I spent Monday afternoon in the Emergency Room getting poked and prodded. I was so sick that I didn't even bother showering before going there (it's significant). Yesterday, I realized I hadn't brushed my teeth in over two days.

It's been a rough week. Luckily, I'm on the upswing.

Movie of the Day: Wit. Very good. Sad. Funny. Kept running through my head as I sat in the hospital.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, it sounds horrible. How did you ever drag yourself to ER with that high a temp. So glad you are feeling better.

Becca said...

My dad drove me. My mom came down a bit later when it started looking like I would be there a while.

nathanhellman said...

Get well soon.