Thursday, February 05, 2009

Middle Names

I've been paying attention to middle names a lot lately. I have no clue why that is, though.

Do you think parents worry the most about first names and then just sort of default middle names? "What sounds good with Oscar?" type stuff? I've never named a kid, so I don't know.

So, I would like to take a survey:

1) What is your middle name?
2) Do you like your middle name?

Movie of the Day: The Namesake. Such a good movie about a young man named Gogol, not to be confused with Google.

6 comments:

Becca said...

My middle name is Lynn and I think it's bland.

Anonymous said...

My middle name is Michelle. I am okay with it.

Anonymous said...

My middle name is Michelle. I am okay with it.

Anonymous said...

My middle name is Marie and I like it because of its family connection...my mother's middle name, my middle name and one of my daughters'e middle name...the other daughter has the other grandmother's middle name.

Anonymous said...

Carol...I don't like it, but my husband does. His middle name is Ronald. He likes it. They are both "family" names. We also gave "family" middle names to both of our boys.

Anonymous said...

My middle name is my Mother's first name, so I do like it, and it's not the usual middle name that usually goes with my well known first name. It is Romaine. Many have never heard it...apparently it's an old name, and my Mother was named it, after a baby sister her Mother had named Romaine that passed away when she was little. Yes, I do think parents either name a middle name that seems to go with the first name, or they name after a family name. Our boys middle names are Gerald and Richard, after my Dad and my favorite uncle. Our daughter's is Elizabeth, her Grandmother's middle name and her Great Grandmother's First name. She named their girl's middle name Elizabeth also.