Monday, October 17, 2011

Feel Better

I had a headache after school and I was trying to think of somewhere I could go that was totally relaxing.  I eventually came up with the library.   I grabbed a coffee at Dunn Bros. first, hoping it was caffeine related, and then headed to the book shelves.   It's so nice to wander around, looking at all the options, knowing I don't have to think about budgets or if I could find the book on Amazon for cheaper.  I just grabbed what I wanted (fiction, How-To, DVDs).   Ah.  It's just so calming for me. 

I think some of it has to do with growing up next to the neighborhood library (a different one that is now closed).  If I close my eyes, I can still smell it, still hear the creaks in the floors and picture the librarians.  I think I read every teen book there that even remotely interested me.  I still remember where the poetry section was and where the encyclopedias were that I used each Monday of 8th grade art to fill in my "artist" biographies.  I still have those worksheets. 

2 comments:

Diane Pelinka said...

Our library in Eagan has a coffee shop inside it! You'd love it....called the Dewey Cafe. :)

Becca said...

Yikes! That sounds awesome!