Friday, October 07, 2011

School Lunch

I got up early yesterday and hauled myself to 6:30 AM yoga class.   I haven't been there in weeks, for various reasons.   When I got to school, I realized I hadn't grabbed my lunch (which I'd made the previous night, which was not my usual routine).   Drat!  So, I ended up going to the cafeteria and standing in line with the kiddos.   Now, this would be fine, but I have only had school lunch ONE other time in my 15 years of teaching.   Yes, once.

I asked a couple kids about what I should do and didn't get a clear response until I found one of the girls from my class.  She said I was in the burger and fries line.  Oops.  So, wandered to the sandwich line and paid close attention to what the kids ahead of me were doing.   Then, went to check out and was told I could grab a beverage or "whatever I want because I'm a teacher" but that was a bit unclear.   It was easier to grab a milk and escape back to my colleagues.

Here's to trying something new!

Movie of the Day: Jane Eyre.  It's a recent adaptation and it was really good!

No comments: