Monday, October 24, 2011

Fries

As of late, I haven't been able to eat French fries without them getting stuck in my throat.  Isn't that weird?   The sad thing is that fries were my favorite mustard conduit.  I'm weird, I know.

What's funny is that I can handle having students call me weird, but not stupid.  I don't get called stupid very often, ever, so when it happens, I get mad.  Mainly, it has to do with the Smart Board in my room that I'm learning to use.  I'm not a complete idiot with it, but these kids, who are more technologically inclined than I am, have been watching people use the boards for 5 years.  You pick up a lot that way.  Uff.  Oh well.

I'm tossing around the idea of going to a Halloween party.  Any costume suggestions?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Do you like puns? One year I went as a "black-eyed pea." I wore all black and cut out a great be orange felt P and taped it to my shirt. Then I put black paint over my eye. It was simple and fun.

If you are feeling crafty, here is another idea that I have yet to try. Take a pattern for a pumpkin costume (you know the kind where you stuff it with newspaper and your head and arms/legs stick out). Make it with white rather than orange and then sew or iron on and iris and a pupil. I guess an M&M pattern might work as well. Take a red paint pen and draw in veins. Wear red shirt and red tights and a red stocking cap and you are an eyeball. I was tempted to make it for Ambrose but I'm not very skilled with a sewing machine.

Becca said...

Kim, that's awesome! I am likely to be LESS skilled at sewing than you. One year, I was a Weather Channel newscaster from a hurricane. Last year, I think I stayed home and watched tv. :)