Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ah

Okay, is anyone else freaked out that it's almost May????? I mean, sure, I dream of May all year (except in the Summer, of course). It's a crazy race to the end of the year and I'm gearing up. I bought some brain food for my students and we're going to get through this!!!!

I've just come in from correcting papers on my deck. I'm trying to not be as ghostly white as usual, so I went out sans sunblock. Yes, I know this is horrible. I know. I know. As soon as I felt like I was getting roasty, I decided to go inside. Honest. I suppose I could have put on sunscreen and headed back out, but laying on my deck with a beach towel is only comfortable for so long (like an hour). My deck furniture is still in my garage and needs cleaning and while that would be a lovely way to procrastinate on my correcting, it wouldn't really get me where I need to go. Sooo.....

Now, I'm inside and determined to get my grades done (report card time, only one more to go).

Anyone out there still celebrate May Day with flower baskets????

Movie of the Day: The Girl in the Cafe. Good flick.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Totally forgot about May baskets! it was a gorgeous day, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

I have fallen out of practice in the last few years. However this year I am doing my one large May Day basket. I stock it full of chocolates and non chocolate items and bring it around to everyone I see to celebrate May Day. I am a little wimpy and don't make individual baskets anymore.