Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ramblings


I haven't posted more than a paragraph in a long time. Mostly, I think it has to do with time and energy (or should I say the lack thereof?). I've been waking up 45 minutes later than normal most days (except today) and that puts a major crimp in my blogging time.

In the last 24 hours, Duluth has gone from Spring to Winter again. It was either a serious step backwards or the fastest Spring, Summer, and Fall ever! It was so tempting to put away all of my Winter stuff (hats, scrapers, boots) and embrace flip flops, gardening magazines, and sunscreen. Now, we're back to square one.

Did you ever watch the show Square One? I think it was on PBS, but I'm not sure. It was on while I was in college and not really interested in kid shows. I do have fond memories of Electric Company and 3-2-1 Contact! The Bloodhound Gang was awesome. They were so smart. Who are the modern-day equivalents? Dora?

When I was a kid, we would have Spring Break the week before Easter and head up North to visit my grandma and various relatives up there. There were six elderly relatives in total and no one under the age of 65. We spent a lot of time sitting around talking and eating. It was great, though I usually had some sort of homework to do as well. Any way, now there is only one relative left and she's fading fast. It feels weird not going up there much, especially around Easter.
Photo: Paris in the Springtime.

Do you have a Spring ritual or rite?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cutting pussywillows at my parent's place.

Lois said...

Picking a big bouquet of cowslips (marsh marigolds)when they bloom the end of April or first of May.

Right now two weeks in Hawaii sounds like the real deal!