Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Breaking Hearts

I received some bad news yesterday: my club at school is not funded this year. My club was Random Acts of Kindness and I started it in Fall of `99. We would do things like volunteer, raise money for charity, make fleece blankets for crisis nurseries, etc.

Sadly, I announced our first meeting today without knowing that the club didn't have approval. Technically, it doesn't have a stipend for me to be the advisor. Now, maybe they think that suddenly I'll run the club for free, but they're wrong.

Today I get to share by broken heart with my students and hope I don't cry.

Movie of the Day: Pay It Forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Is it possible to write a grant? Ugh.

Becca said...

It's been resurrected!!! It's a miracle. I talked to the boss. And cried.

Joymes said...

WOW- glad to hear you got funded after all. Seems like a great club to have- we need more clubs like this!