Friday, October 05, 2007

Mini Workshop

I went to a mini workshop yesterday and the facilitator asked us to share our dreams, assuming that there were no restraints (money, family situation, health, etc). It was interesting because someone commented on how it's socially acceptable to dream big when you're a kid or a teen, but at some point, you cross a line and start thinking practically and lose the big dreams. How sad, but somehow true. Can you learn to dream big again and risk looking the fool?

What are your big dreams?

Movie of the Day: Dream a Little Dream. Or a big one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious, what are your dreams? One of mine is to become, a sage, and another is to grow old (I am already) gracefully and to be fit and centered.

Anonymous said...

I recently went to a mock refugee camp exhibit in Mpls put on by Doctor's Without Borders. I keep thinking about the hardships of the refugees and their lived experiences. I know I can't up and leave my husband and small children at the moment, but I dream of being able to some day work a mission to provide support and relieve some of their pain. I mentioned it to my husband and he looked a little panicked. Guess right now I'm needed here. Hopefully, until I am ready to serve, others will continue to give of themselves.
Kim

P.S. Have you seen the movie "God Grew Tired of Us"?