Sunday, March 30, 2008

Favorite Books

I've been digging around in my memory to make a list of my favorite books as a kid. I've started to reread one and have found that it holds the test of time. I'm laughing out loud while reading it 25 years after I first read it and caught myself recapping it for a friend last night. How weird is that?!?

The book: Anastasia Krupnik. A 10-year-old smartie who makes lists, writes poetry, and thinks a lot (a.k.a. Becca at 10).

Movie of the Day: Wuthering Heights. Another book I love is Katie John and Heathcliff. She is a tomboy who falls for the fictional character. Can you say "melodrama?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These might be a little young for you but Sebastian and I have just read three by E.B. White - Charlotte's Web, The Trumpet of the Swan, and Stewart Little. We loved The Trumpet of the Swan. Also we read The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary. Sebastian adored that book, I imagine we will read it many times.

What about Anne of Green Gables? I'd like to read those again.
Don't know if my boys will ever truly appreciate them though...

Kim

Anonymous said...

I loved rereading Huckleberry Finn--I laughed out loud.