Monday, March 03, 2008

Soul-Laughter, Please.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm just grazing the surface of my life. I wake up. Drive to work. Teach. Drive home. Wander my lamp-lit house, waiting for Spring. Sleep. Wake. Drive to work. Teach. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Until the weekend when I can goof off a bit. Then, it starts again.

I want to be present, but sometimes I wonder if my grazing is self-protection. When I do dig deeper, especially at work, it hurts. I dig up old wounds or find out new, shocking things about my students that send me out wondering how on Earth I think I can make a difference. Twice in the past month, students have said things that have left me speechless.

Movie of the Day: Martian Child. This is a wonderful movie. He made a difference in this kid's life.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm feeling a bit better today. We'll see how it goes...