Friday, May 16, 2008

Card From The Past

In the middle of class yesterday, a student said "Look what I just found in my book!"

It was a sealed card, with a boy's name on it. The whole class looked and suddenly we're watching her open someone else's card. Inside, a birthday wish and 10 dollar bills!

I have a hunch about who the card belongs to and I had that student two years ago! So, now I need to find him and see if it is possibly his card. Then, I'll need to try to get the $10 back, unless he doesn't mind it being gone.

Weird things happen, even in math class.

Movie of the Day: Millions. I haven't seen it yet, but these kids find some serious cash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you find it strange that your student didn't find this card until the last month of school? Makes me wonder how often that particularly student actually cracks open her book.
Hope everyone finds a little inspiration in logarithms to carry you through to the end of the year!
Kim