Thursday, May 29, 2008

Games

I've been thinking about games a lot lately and now I'm wondering how the games we play as kids shape who we are as adults.

Games I Liked to Play as a Kid:
Chutes and Ladders
Aggravation
Hungry, Hungry Hippos
Kings in the Corner
Life
Rummikub
(I'm sure there were others that I'm spacing out.)

Games I Like to Play Now:
Apples to Apples
Taboo
Scattergories
Mind Trap
Mad Gab

Games I'm Learning:
Carcassonne
Ticket To Ride
Rummy

What about you? What games did you like to play and which ones do you still play?

Movie of the Day: The Game Plan. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Scrabble....not very good at it, but I love it anyway.

Becca said...

How could I have forgotten Scrabble?!?!?!!?

Anonymous said...

Do you know the game "Pounce"? The one where each player gets a mouse with a long tail and sits on a piece of cheese while another player tries to capture them with a toilet plunger?? Ha, ha. Good clean fun.

We are playing a lot of Chutes and Ladders here these days. Truth be told, I find it to be a bit boring but Sebastian (my analytical guy) loves it. He inadvertantly learned to count to 100, to add and subtract, and know understands the base system!

Do you let your kids at school play any math games?? Or are they too old?

Kim

Linda said...

Jenga - is so much fun, we didn't have this game when I was a kid. I used to like Yatzee, and a lot of the games I played as a kid, amazingly are still around and I play them with our granddaughter, Candy Land, Shutes and Ladders, to name a few. Jenga I play with my Grandson...we have great fun with it! Also, Rummy 500 of course, Hearts! These are fun card games to play with the older kids.