Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not So Fun

People should really avoid me right now, if they can. Seriously. My family considers this a time to tread lightly and watch for signs that I might be losing it. "We'll talk about it later" is a common mid-sentence phrase that they use.

The weird thing is to watch myself while it's happening. I know that I'm running on the fumes of what used to be a bucket of patience. I know this. Telling people to avoid me is just really a public service announcement. I'll be better in two weeks. Honest.

The hard part is that I can't avoid myself. Being able to step back enough and tell myself to chill about things is tough. I try to tell myself that I'm just stressed about the end of the year and I should just ride it out. It's that feeling of wanting to cry but knowing that you're being irrational in wanting to cry.

It's a pain in the butt. Avoid Becca if you can. "Summer Becca" (the one who is relaxed (or as relaxed as Becca can get)) will be here shortly. Until then, talk amongst yourselves.

Movie of the Day: Leviathan. I'm not quite THAT bad. Yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Becca! Good idea to watch yourself. Hey, I'd be wanting to cry too.