Thursday, December 08, 2011

Birthdays

My friend Nate should  have turned 38 today.  He died a year and a half ago, suddenly.  The loss still has the ability to make me sob on a dime.  He was friends with everyone.  He was super smart.  He was silly and adventurous and rational.  He REFUSED to help me meet Zach Braff, whom he had ONE degree of separation from (oh so close!).  He and his wife showed me around Paris.  He was always about gathering people together.  And I miss him.

Where ever you are Nate, I hope they have amazing French pastry!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Becca,
Do you stay in touch with his family? Do you know how they are? I used to read his blog because of your connection with him.

Becca said...

His wife and kids moved to France and I hear from them once in a while. His folks and sisters and their families live out of Minnesota. I think everyone is doing okay.