Thursday, December 01, 2011

5AM

Dear Neighbors,

I apologize for the 5:15 AM shoveling you heard this morning.  I was trying to avoid too many boot prints in the snow along the sidewalk that we are required to clear within 24 hours of the snow stopping.  I didn't "win," but surely I avoided a lot.  Unfortunately, that means you heard me shoveling.  Unless, of course, you are a heavy sleeper or out of town.  If that's the case, then, ignore this letter.

I'm not a fan of shoveling, but I guess I'd rather get it done BEFORE school and it's inevitable exhaustion than have to dread it all day.  This won't be the case on days that I'm super lazy in the morning, but today, it worked.  Sorry again.

Sincerely,
Becca

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Way to go on the shoveling this morning!! How much snow did you get?? Enough to ski on??

Kim said...

Okay, some days I miss Duluth. I miss it so much! But snow shoveling at 5:15. Hmmm... I don't miss that. I am going to imagine that it was very peaceful. And, I also imagine that the houses are insulated enough that your shoveling should not wake anyone up! Shovel away, my dear! Hope you are able to find some beauty in those cold and frosty mornings.

Becca said...

Tracey, it wasn't very much, but enough to create 68 crashes last night! Uff. Kim, it was VERY peaceful and no one yelled at me to be quiet, so....