Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Loose Ends

Yesterday was a day of tying up loose ends. Calling back people who left me messages a couple months ago (Not friends. Not urgent.). Now, I'm ready to make 160 gift baskets for the elite runners of Grandma's Marathon. My family and I have done it for about 5 years now, so things go relatively smoothly (knock on wood).

Saturday, a group of us are volunteering at a waterstation for the race and I've just come up with a way to keep my legs from killing me on Sunday: shovels!!!! Usually, One in a Million Saras and I end up picking up cups (the runners drink and toss, the volunteers fill, hand, and eventually pick up). I'm super excited about my idea!

Well, I better get started!

Movie of the Day: The Saint. I know it didn't win an Oscar, but I still like it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! We use shovels to pick up our yard leaves - crap sweepings.

nathanhellman said...

Wow, I want an "Grandma's Elite Runner" gift basket. That would be so cool. Any chance you could make 161 instead of 160 and smuggle it out to me?

nathanhellman said...

just in case you take that seriously, i'm kidding.

Becca said...

Well, Nate, I'm pretty sure Customs would have none of me bringing fruit to you! You'll just have to wait, buddy! Oh, and become an elite runner. Oh, and actually run Grandma's. You could do the half and still get a basket. Hmmmm.... get famous and we'll talk.

Shall we look at a drop in blogging from you for signs of labor on Claire's part?

Anonymous said...

you should say hi to my friends, theyre runners, a short blond and a brunettethier both named jennifer. hahaha

Becca said...

Oh, sure. No problem. I cheer a lot. It's for them.

You should come up for it!!! I could get you a free t-shirt!