Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ideas

I'm having a low-key kind of day. Went to breakfast with a friend and now I'm home to pack. Yes, I'm leaving town again. This time, for the sunny sights of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'm pretty psyched.

On our way, we are going to top in Baudette to see my dad's cousin who is in a nursing home. I think she's about the size of a breadbox (do people even know what breadboxes are anymore?). Any way, I was trying to think of a gift to give her and decided on a necklace. My mom's response was that Dora (the Explorer???) might not even be getting out of bed these days. I figure that is the time to accessorize the most!!! I hope she likes it.

Dora was the kind of relative who would place herself at the kids' table in the kitchen while everyone else was in the dining room. I'm not sure if it's because she wanted to be with us or away from them. Either way, she was fun. I'm sure she's still fun.

Movie of the Day: Star Dust. A fairy tale.

No comments: