Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sunday Night

Growing up, Sunday night was always a sort of Gloom and Doom time of the weekend, heck the whole week. By six o'clock, Life Goes On would come on with it's "Oh blah dee, Oh blah da..." and I would know it was all over.

We usually had dinner while watching it and then it was time to put the finishing touches on my homework and succumb to the fact that there was school in the morning. I pretty much liked school. Honest. I think the gloom came more from worrying about what might happen than what ever really happened.

Right now, at age 33, I am still feeling the Sunday Night Gloom and Doom. It's in the form of late August and it's that feeling of a whole school year looming overhead. What will my kids be like? What kinds of craziness will happen this year? Just how many kids do they think they can fit in my room? (Right now, the highest roster number is 34.).

I'm gonna try to worry less. Wish me luck. Oh blah dee, Oh blah da. Life goes on....

Movie of the Day: Not really a movie. My brother, Matt, loaned my season one of dead like me and it's awesome! I watched 6 episodes yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand the gloom and doom feeling...I experience it a lot at my last job. I fell into the idea that if I just prolonged going to bed Monday just wouldn't come. So I would come up with ideas like walks on the beach or a trip for ice cream or a chat with a friend until I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Honestly I am very happy I don't have that same feeling anymore...it always me to start out the week refreshed :)