Friday, August 03, 2007

What To Say?

How can I write about what happened in Minneapolis? It's so hard to wrap my brain around it and it amazes me that hundreds of people survived. I feel awful for the families who lost a loved one and yet rejoice for so many near-misses.

My friends in my Covenant group laugh when I come up with prayer requests like "Joy," "Silliness," or "Soul-Laughter," but this is truly what I want. I want everyone to find a way out of despair and pain and into joy, silliness, and soul-laughter. I know I'm naive. I know that. But, I also know that we need to hope for something greater, something sweeter than what we have.

My problems are small. My students (yes, I've started thinking about school again, grrrr...) see so many more problems every day that I don't even have a clue about. I've always had a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and parents who love and support me. How can I help people to fulfill their basic needs so that they, too, can find joy, silliness, and soul-laughter?

No comments: