Monday, January 05, 2009

Magazines

It's good to try new things, right? Usually, I read magazines like Oprah or Real Simple. I used to buy Premiere (how I miss that one) and US Weekly or People. I gave up buying the celebrity stuff when I started getting sick of hearing who was going into rehab and who was wearing what dress. Does it affect my life? No.

However, over break, I've started reading two different magazines that are great! The first one, I found at Northern Lights Bookstore while buying David Oppegaard's debut novel: The Suicide Collectors. Dave is "Blogagaard" in some of my old posts' comments. Any way, while I was checking out, I found the magazine The Sun. It's mainly creative writing on a different topic each month! There are no ads. It's fascinating. I might have to subscribe! It's website is www.thesunmagazine.org

As for the second one, my friend's mom gave me a MAD magazine since she heard I'd never read one. It's hilarious! I've been missing out.

School starts back up today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Becca, I can't believe that you never saw a "MAD" magazine during your teen or early 20's years! Oh my gosh, I think its humor is something that you would enjoy! We read that magazine back in the 60's...I guess it's still the same type of magazine as it was then...