Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Funky Winkerbean

I'm saving the paper for my mom while she's on vacation and mainly what she cares about is the comic Funky Winkerbean. Things HAPPEN in this strip. It's not as soap-opera-esque as some, but serious issues are addressed.

For instance, Lisa Moore is dying of cancer. Any day now, she will say her good-byes and we will mourn. She's found the son she put up for adoption. She's gone to Congress to plead for more funding to fight cancer. She's had closure.

Sadly, I feel like there are Congress members who actually connect more to a fictional cartoon character than to real, live victims of this terrible disease.

Movie of the Day: My Life. So sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funky Winkerbean.... not available in the STRIB. Yet another reason I miss Duluth.
Kim