Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pace Yourself

I stayed home from church today with my cold. My throat hurt so bad, I could hardly swallow. I called my choir director and left a message that I was sick (she probably thought "Duh. Have you heard your voice?"). Then, I called another friend as back up.

I've gargled with warm salt water, taken some Advil and a shower (always helps) and now feel a bit better.

My task now is to pace myself so I don't wipe out by 2. I'm not good at relaxing. (Quit laughing!). Any way, I see too many things that I could put away, or clean, or craft. It's annoying.

Movie of the Day: Sick-O. I didn't see it, but one of my many nurse friends said it was awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care and get well Buddy.

Anonymous said...

If you want to know more about the American' health care system but don't want to hear Michale Moore's dramatized and jaded views (yes, I am the one who recommended the movie!), check out the book "SICK" by Jonathan Cohn. Well-written and offers a lot more substance than Sicko.
Just my two bits...
Kim