Saturday, September 01, 2007

Caffeine

I'm addicted to caffeine. I was at a training for work and we talked about addiction. The trainer didn't talk about caffeine, but I know that the signs work for it. It's just a legal drug.

Sadly, with energy drinks EVERYWHERE, my students are getting addicted to it too.

Yesterday, I only had one can of pop (diet cherry Coke). Now, my head is splitting!!!! I'm hoping it gets better. I'll probably have one can today too. I need to research how to give up caffeine without causing harm to anything or anyone. Eek.

Movie of the Day: Anything by Jane Austen. My sister, mother, and I are going to have a 5-hour Pride and Prejudice Fest today. Woo Hoo!!!

3 comments:

Lois said...

The only way I know to avoid any harm is to gradually decrease the
amount
Judy Oman and I got horrible headaches when we arrived in Hawaii after spending a week at a national nurses convention in San Francisco. They kept us going from early morning to late at night and we ingested so much caffeine. Ugh! We went to the store and got a heater and some instant coffee so we could "taper" off.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this weaning yourself off of caffine just as the semester is starting...I am a bit concerned for all involved :)

Becca said...

I know what you mean. Since I could not sleep last night, Diet Coke is my friend today. Is there ever a good time to quit? I'll keep trying....(Be happy you live so far away!)