Saturday, June 25, 2011

Choosing a Book

I have quite a few books on my shelf waiting to be read.  Whenever I finish a book, I stare at the shelf of new choices and end up trying about 5 before I actually settle on which one I'll read.  The last book I read took about 4 tries before I was ready to read it.  I was aiming for hardcover books because they take up more space and I figured they'd feel better "out of my hands" when I finished.  I also, sometimes, think a book needs to "do time" on the shelf before I can read it.  No sense in letting a new book "take cuts."  Of course, I know this is silly.  Who cares? 

Maybe I think that if I don't read some of the old books, I'll just keep buying new ones and never read them.  I don't know. 

Do you have unread books cluttering your shelves?  I wonder what I would do if I had a Nook or Kindle?  It would be kind of freaky not having my house littered with books!

Movie of the Day is actually going to be a comedy special:  Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious.  NOT for the faint of heart.  Hilarious and so so so wrong.  I streamed it on Netflix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have somewhere between 30 & 50 unread books on my shelves at any given time. Can't help it, love buying books too much, want to read too many books. Takes me a while to decide what to read next most of the time. Sometimes I'll have something hot right in the pipe, but usually I'll dither over several before even picking one up. And sometimes it gets put right back down again!

I'm having that issue right now, actually. Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and can't decide what to dive into next...

Becca said...

Have you read The Hunger Games? The three books are a worthy post-Lisbeth read.