Saturday, December 02, 2006

Goats and Waterbuffalo

A couple days ago, my Algebra 2 students were asking me to explain a probability question that they saw in an episode of Numb3rs. It involved goats. They kept asking about goats and I kept thinking about The Heifer Project instead of Numb3rs.

The Heifer Project is an organization that donates animals to families in Third World countries to use as a source of income and food. It's pretty awesome. My club at school toyed with buying a Waterbuffalo a couple years ago, so I kept thinking about that.

I'll probably be buying a large animal this holiday season. (No, I won't get to meet it or the people who will receive it. It's anonymous and a logistical nightmare.)

If you are interested, the website is www.heifer.org

Movie of the Day: Dr. Dolittle.

No comments: