Friday, December 15, 2006

Weird Sisters Unite

I had one of those idyllic childhoods where I had a group of friends in the neighborhood and we played every day. Our moms were friends. Our dads were kinda friends.

Most of the families have moved away now (and most parents have divorced, except mine). Tomorrow, however, we reunite for a wedding in the Cities. The youngest kid is walking down the aisle and we will all be there to celebrate and be weird.

Oddly, "The Weird Sisters" is a name for the moms, origin unknown to me. My friends and I call ourselves Weird Cousins. We laugh just as loudly as our moms laugh.

Tomorrow's going to be a blast!

Movie of the Day: White Christmas. Sisters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAVE FUN!

Unknown said...

Have a most excellent time, my friend! And don't forget that the math department is on my magic wand list for Christmas. You just tap the student's head and say magically... "You can do math!" Hugs!

Linda said...

Am I getting old. I remember all of you cute little girls that played on Winona Street. Can't hardly believe you are all grown up. You are all beautiful women!