Saturday, December 30, 2006

Peer Pressure

It snowed. Duluth is pretty again and I bowed to peer pressure to shovel yesterday afternoon. I was holed up in my livingroom, correcting tests, and noticed that three neighbor women were out shovelling or had been within the hour. My natural, lazy inclination is to put it off until nightfall, when my poor shovelling technique cannot be critiqued by the world. However, I didn't want to be the only one not shoveled out. So, I sucked it up, bundled up, and hit the icy, wavy terrain that is my driveway. My driveway is not on a hill, but it is in so much need of repair that there are dips and hills in it. The underlying ice helped move the snow, though, and gave me flashbacks to skating in elementary school. Ah, winter.

Movie of the Day: The Cutting Edge. They could really skate.

No comments: