Sunday, December 16, 2007

If You Can't Beat `Em...

No, I'm not talking about corporal punishment. I'm talking about just how silly my students are going to be this week. There's going to be a lot of sugar in their systems and the thrill of over a week off of school. Some might be afraid to lose the structure of school and that's going to throw them out of wack too.

So, I've been sitting here, thinking about what to write and an idea hit me. Smack! If I can't come up with a sugar neutralizer (that I'm allowed to administer to minors) by tomorrow, maybe I should just give in and be silly with them. I'll try to stuff some math in there too and cross my fingers.

Here's where you come in: I need ideas. I'm thinking a theme each day. Perhaps Accent Day. Short Sentences Day. Count How Many Times Ms. _____ Says "Okay" Day (It's a lot.).

Ideas???? Please share. I LOVE getting comments. Love. Love. Love them.

Movie of the Day: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Antidote Please!!!!

5 comments:

Becca said...

No ideas out there? Maybe I should just give tests all week and have a Scrooge theme!?!? Well, I try to avoid religious topics. Hmmmmm.... Since my first hour tracks when I'm "crabby," maybe I'll have a Crabby Marathon!?!? Even if I'm not crabby, I could always pretend. Might be fun. For me.

Joymes said...

Backwards day? Ha- math is hard enough forwards! Pick a color and tell them for instance it is green day- must wear all one color?
Talk like a pirate day ( which is a real thing by the way) Talk like your favorite christmas character day?

Becca said...

Ohhh! I like the "Wear a certain color day". Hmmmm.... I didn't really do anything special yesterday. I did threaten Crabby Week to my first hour. Too bad I wasn't crabby at the time, eh?

Joymes said...

How about say something nice about someone day. Every time they speak in class, they must also say something nice about someone?

Anonymous said...

How about doing a take on an old Victor Borge routine...since you are a math teacher. Any word that has a number in it..tomorrow, forthcoming uses the next number in it instead...threemorrow, fivecoming....you get the drift!