Sunday, December 30, 2007

Zap

Do you ever find things that just zap right to your soul? Maybe it's a song that you instantly love. Maybe it's a movie that hits you just the right way at just the moment you needed to hear it's message. Maybe it's a character in a book who you just know is a kindred spirit.

One in a Million Saras has a talent for finding new music and then keeping me in the loop. She gives me tours on her ikpod. I had a tour on Friday and fell in love with a couple songs.

OMS also rented the movie Once, which I knew I needed to own within about 10 minutes of starting it. It's one of those movies that makes you believe in real people again.

The book character that is a kindred spirit is from Inkheart. I haven't even read the book yet, though I've been meaning to do so, and I know that the main character is a like soul. She and her father live in a house full of books. She has books as friends. Rory Gilmore (Gilmore Girls) was like that, too. She would take a book with her in case she got bored. I have a friend like that, too. I've started hauling a book around and felt lonely when I was waiting for my family today at a restaurant and had left my book in the car. If my house were smaller, the walls would be lined with books.

Movie of the Day: Once.

No comments: