Thursday, December 13, 2007

Neighbors

An ambulance and fire truck pulled up to a house across the street from school yesterday. My classroom windows faced the house and most of my students started out curious and ended up worried about our neighbor. The medics went inside with a gurney and a black bag. Our experience watching crime shows would tell us that the bag was a bad sign. After the gurney was inside, I told the students next to the window to tell us when it was leaving the house and until then to try to do some homework. We all expected that someone had passed away.

A few minutes later, the kids said that the medics were coming out of the house and the guy was sitting up on the gurney! The bag was for warmth!

Thank God! There was so much relief in the room.

Movie of the Day: Love Actually. Some people like this movie, some people I know, not-so-much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Actually...
Great movie. I want to watch is again. I just reserved the soundtrack from the library, hope I get it b/4 Christmas.
"I can feel it in my fingers, feel it in my toes..."
Kim