Sunday, November 20, 2011

Be

I just sorted through and read some of the Sunday paper.  Yes, I still get the paper.  It's very Old School of me, right?   Any way, I was sorting through the ads, the Classifieds, and the sports sections.  Usually, I read the News and some of the ads, but right now, I'm kind of disgusted with the whole "let's start Black Friday shopping the weekend/week before" stuff.  Really?  Can't you just wait?  It's a couple days. 

What would the world be like if we all STOPPED THINKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS for one week and just thought about what we are thankful for?  Spend a week thinking about what you have instead of what you want or what you think you need!  Imagine it!  Daydream about yummy food on Thursday and getting to spend time with loved ones. 

The toys, sweaters, gadgets that will break after two uses, and plethora of sweets will be there on Friday.  And if they aren't, maybe you didn't NEED them any way.

No comments: