Saturday, November 05, 2011

Cathy Lamb

Last July, my sister and I stumbled upon a local bookstore in Spooner, WI.  We both like to wander and while Sara was debating which book to get, I kept going back to this book:

Over and over, I went back to it.  So, finally, I decided to get it.  I like buying for local shops.  I like novels.  Makes sense.  The store clerk said that lots of people were happy to see that Cathy Lamb had a new book. 

I was engrossed in it!   I have since read The Last Time I was Me, Henry's Sisters, and I have 30 pages left of Such a Pretty Face.   There is only one book left: Julia's Chocolates and it's sitting on my shelf.  I have to ration out my Cathy Lamb books!  I hope she's got a new one in the works!

Each book deals with love, trauma, finding yourself, and family.   They are approximately 400 pages, but they are SOOOOO engrossing that you don't notice the length and weight except when you carry the book with you everywhere IN CASE you have time to read.

No comments: