Sunday, January 01, 2012

Advice

What if we stopped listening to so much advice and just started living instead?  We know the answers to many of our questions.  How do I lose weight?  Eat less, exercise more.  How do I improve my relationships?  Focus on people instead of your phone, Facebook, your iPod, etc.  How do I get rich quick?  You don't, not without losing your integrity.  How do I reduce my stress levels?  Breathe.  Laugh. Look for good.  Help others.

It's not rocket science.  So, if I took all the time I spend reading advice and getting that 1 trick to a flat belly and put it to some good, cheerful use, what could happen?  Anything.

Also, dear media, if you are going to market tons of junk food and lazy living only to then market ways to lose weight (usually quickly and without doing anything), could you just find something productive to do instead?  I'm sick of it.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Good advice about advice. :)

Becca said...

Does this mean I fell into my own trap? Or maybe I should shut my trap!