Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Books

I am currently reading 4 books. Yes, 4. Well, to be specific, I am either in the middle of or need to start, or am flying through 0ne of four books. The books in question:

1) Five Quarters of the Orange. I'm half-way done, but was freaked out by what was happening. I'll finish it after the following books.

2) Need to read Red Bird Christmas for Nov. 30th. I'm on page 11.

3) Need to read Animal Dream again for Dec. 11th. Haven't cracked it.

4) Am flying through Love a First Site, a cheesy chick lit book. Fluffy. Not a lot of thinking needed. Sometimes you need a no-brainer book.

Bonus: You might be wondering how I can get through all of these books without mentioning The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky. Well, that book fell by the wayside. It was too much of a commitment. I'm on page 58 of 877. Maybe I'll finish it some day.

Movie of the Day: Shrek. Excellent collection of book characters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm working my way through "The great Influenza: the epic story of the deadliest plague in history" by John Barry. Very interesting history of medicine, WWI, and public health. Pretty heavy and a bit greusome in parts but overall well worth reading.
I'll be ready for some chick-lit when I'm done.
Kim